Sunday, July 4, 2010

A little update: Posts, Trangia and Tent

Sooo I've been kinda lame and haven't updated this blog about Innsbruck's part 2 or Prague. I don't think I will have any time to do that for 3 weeks. Maybe I'll be able to finish the post about Innsbruck but I make no promises. I don't know what I've been doing lately, nothing, but still I haven't managed to write. I have all the things about Innbruck written down so all I would need to do is type it up. Prague pictures I don't have here, and those I most likely cannot access until the end of July. 

Brain and I tested a tent yesterday that can we put it together, and we could. I tested another tent today and it was easy too. The tent is shaped differently. It's not a square, it's some shape that I don't know how to describe. It is sturdier in the wind than the one we tried yesterday. My brother has used the first tent as well and it wasn't good if it's windy, the sticks bend down to the ground. But not in the second tent. 

He showed me how to use the Trangia. 

( Trangia
There's no coffee pot in ours but that's what it looks like otherwise, and we have a possibility to use gas instead of the liquid that is poured in the bronzy thingy that cannot be found from central Europe unfortunately. I don't know why, but it's not sold there.

It's just that since we are flying back, a can of gas (about 10€) or the liquid, cannot be taken back to Finland with an airplane. I'm not even sure that can Trangia be in the luggage because either the middle part, the burner, will have some liquid residue, I don't know what the liquid is called (methylated spirit according to wikipedia), and then there's the other part (not in the picture) that connects to the gas bottle.

We need to read more about the campsites and that do they have kitchens, because this Trangia business might be a little problematic. Trangia itself does not weigh much, but the gas bottle or the methylated spirit bottle does weigh something.